Every Ending is a New Beginning

“Every ending is always a new beginning. When something ends, something new begins and a new beginning is always a new opportunity.

Learning to see the end of something as an opportunity rather than a punishment would help to change our whole life experience in the moment when we begin a new chapter in our lives.”

Hey friends! I’m so sorry that you didn’t hear from me last week — so much has been happening! Pretty recently, I did something brave, long-overdue, maybe a little foolish, but extremely freeing.

I quit my job.

Over the past few months, I’ve had a difficult time articulating my situation on my blog. To put it nicely, the subject of my writing wasn’t favored in my workplace and I wasn’t exactly sure how to tastefully share my feelings in such a public fashion — so I’ve kept many of my feelings and experiences offline and between close friends and family.

The experience, while extremely challenging, has taught me far more than I could have ever imagined, and for that, I don’t regret it for a second.

On the really hard days, I imagined how I would share the story of my final day and all of the emotions leading up to it. Sometimes I would daydream of what this post would look like when I finally shared the truth about the afternoons that I spent feeling worthless, the daily mini breakdowns, the silly notes that I would scribble to myself, the lonely lunches at my desk, the screams and honked horns during my commute home, or the nights I spent crying, not knowing how I could find the strength to wake up and do it all over again.

I often thought about how this message would be received by my friends, my colleagues…my managers who would check in every so often to make sure that I wasn’t talking crap. But as I sit to write this, I don’t want to focus or give energy to the negative things or the people. I want to focus on the lessons learned, and the amazing road that I’m forging ahead!

So I’ll make it quick — and perhaps with a little more time, I’ll tell a bit more.

Recently, I quit a job that I once called my dream job. Although I’m really disappointed that it wasn’t as magical as I originally thought, I couldn’t be more grateful for what the experience has taught me about myself and my future. For months, this was supposed to be a tell-all about my job, but instead, it’s a story of how I’ve rediscovered who I am and who I aspire to become.

So thank you, (old job) for the experience and I wish you all well as we go our separate ways. I am so appreciative of what this has taught me and the impact it has made on my journey.

I am so incredibly excited for what’s next. For what feels like the first time in a long time, I am free. Instead of focusing on stress and the pressure of “making the right plans”, I’m focusing on being happy. I’m waking up earlier, smiling more, and getting all caught up in the beauty of the unknown.

So as I close this door of my life and end this chapter, I am enthusiastically starting a new one. Great things are on the horizon and I can’t wait to share more!

xoxo ❤

33 Comments Add yours

1. I love your new view of life and I truely believe you have exciting times ahead of you 😊

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you my sweet friend! I feel refreshed and renewed ❤️ you are too sweet!

Liked by 1 person

2. You’re right, this is a new beginning! Some things need to end so bigger, better things can take their place!

Also, I consider any employer which uses an employee’s social media and other online presences against them to be extremely unethical, anyway. As long as you’re not using the company name, there is no reason for your views here to be considered linked to your company. Do they tap your phones, too, to make sure you’re not complaining about your boss to your friends? Because this is essentially the same thing, just just have a lot more friends listening.

Sorry to rant, but I feel very strongly about that.

Liked by 3 people

1. ABSOLUTELY! I can already feel greater things coming my way. It’s such a relief to be in a better environment, surrounded by positive energy.

Yes – it was a challenge for sure. I struggled with how to be free and share thoughts here on the blog while working with people who didn’t feel it was ethical or good for their reputation. Because I was fearful of their negative response, I stopped writing for a while and kept many potential blog posts to myself. It was definitely a lesson learned but I am very happy that I’ll be able to reconnect with my passion for sharing stories and connecting with amazing people like you!

Thank you for your rant! I loved it 🙂 don’t ever hesitate to go on and share with me! I love hearing it ❤

Liked by 1 person

3. What a bold step! Congratulations my dear!!! What a freeing feeling indeed! ☺️❤️🙌🏾

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much honey! I feel so liberated and excited for what’s to come (: I have lots of new stories to share with this experience as well.

Liked by 1 person

4. Your views on life is very inspiring! Taking chances is all a part of life and I love being able to see how you handle it. Congratulation on the big step you are taking!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much sweetie (: I’m so happy that this inspired you! This is why I do what I do here on the blog – I love being able to share the raw and honest stories of my life and relating to others makes me feel incredible and human! I appreciate your kind words ❤

Liked by 1 person

1. It is so important to just be real all of the time! I find that the majority of the people in this world fake so much about who they are. If everyone could just feel comfortable and open up, it can create great opportunities! I am so thankful for the chance to get to know you and gain more strength from you!

Liked by 1 person

2. I am so honored and flattered to hear you say that ❤ Virtual hugs!!

Liked by 1 person

3. You are more than welcome and you should be honored by that more often!! Virtual hugs to you as well!!

Liked by 1 person

4. I just wanted to let you know that in my post today, I have nominated you for an award!

5. kajemarie says:

Quitting a job that you hate and makes you miserable is one of the most freeing things a person can do! I experienced this too and it was awesome. Congratulations! 🎉🎉

Liked by 2 people

1. Absolutely!! I feel like a new woman because I’m surrounding myself with positive energy. Thank you for your support and kind words ❤

6. Gallantly, gal says:

That’s great! I’m so happy for you. I’m sorry that your dream job didn’t pan out the way you’d liked, but I am excited for your new dream job and future! I understand that feeling of freedom well. While you were struggling with that decision, I already made that decision awhile ago and have been struggling since then while looking for a new job xD but with your skills and determination, I am not worried at all for you! Have an exciting adventure as you start feeling like yourself again while also embracing the new you<3

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much, my dear ❤ Did you see the post about my new job?! (Maybe you did and I'm just repeating myself). It's amazing! The struggle was worth it and some.

Thank you for being supportive and don't hesitate to vent/relate to me about your search. How's it going by the way?! I'd love to hear about it.

1. Gallantly, gal says:

Haha yeah I left a comment there congratulating you!!! So excited for you 😀 I’m still waiting for my break and it’s taking way longer than it took you, but it should come soon, I hope… haha I’m hearing back more often but nothing’s really going through so far xD still, that’s progress!

7. DGGYST says:

Oh honey you are a bright light. Being miserable 40 plus hours a week is no way to live. Brave steps lovely.

Liked by 2 people

1. Oh my goodness. Sweetheart, I’ve missed you. Thank you for stopping by to share your love ❤ You mean the world! I hope all is well.

Liked by 1 person

8. Quitting a job that you hate will surely bring happiness and freedom with you. Being sad / hate in an job that you hate will dampen your mood, I hope your dream job is around the corner.

Liked by 1 person

1. If I could explain this feeling in one word it would be ’empowered’. Also, the freedom from the toxicity of my life during that time is enough to knock me over, girl! Thank you for your never-ending support ❤

9. BlogBestie!!! You did it!!! I’m super proud of you!! I knew the day would come and I’m happy and excited that you’re finally free! I’m kinda bummed I don’t get to come slap anyone, but hey you’re happy so that’s all that matters!

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m free as a bird ❤ Thank you for being there through some of the dark and gloomy days. Our friendship means so much to me. I can always count on you (and silly little TJ) to make me laugh and smile!

Liked by 1 person

1. You’re very welcome, that’s what friends are for!! When you’re happy, I’m happy ❤❤

10. driftyness says:

A big step! I tend to think that I need to stay stuck in things, even if they make me very unhappy, so this was a great post to read! I’m excited to see what comes next for you! Congratulations! Was there a point where you knew you couldn’t do the job anymore? Or was it more of a gradual thing over time.

Also just wanted to le you know that I nominated you for a sunshine blogger award (there’s a blog post for it). Thank you for writing content that brightens my day 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Like I just said in my latest post, I’ve been a TOTAL slacker and it’s so rude of me that I haven’t said thank you for your nomination! Oh Paige….

Thank you from the bottom of my heart ❤ Keep an eye out for a response blog post and I'm planning on having some gifts for wonderful people like you who take the time to read, comment, and nominate my content. I'll share details soon. You keep me alive ❤

1. driftyness says:

You’re welcome, it’s well deserved. 🙂

11. I like this. Thank you for posting

1. You are very welcome! Thank you for reading ❤

Liked by 1 person

12. When one door closes, another opens.

13. FYI I nominated you for a blogging award! You can see it on my blog with the rules if you want to participate 🙂