So, I know what you’re thinking.
- Half of your friends are getting married and starting a family, while the other half are still asking “Woah, how much did I drink last night?!”
…you’re somewhere in between.
- Wait. Have I eaten today?
- Not knowing whether to say “Oh sh*t…” or “Congratulations!” when a friend announces she’s pregnant – because you realize that you’re at the age where you can actually start having kids.
- Rushing home after work so you can finally throw off your bra and watch Grey’s Anatomy for the billionth time.
- Daydreaming of the days when you didn’t have to pay bills.
- Help me. I’m poor.
- *Google search* how to get a job with no experience?
- Who can I speak to about ending my 30-day trial of adulthood?
- Health benefits. Life insurance. 401k...umm what?
- “MOM! How do I turn this thing on?!”
- I’m doing grownup things but honestly, I have no idea what the hell I’m doing…
Am I close?
Just a fellow twenty-something sitting next to you on the struggle bus. I totally get it. Being an adult is hard. From drowning in bills and finding your *air quotes* dream job, to having a meal that falls into at least one of the five major food groups (yes, french fries count), there’s just so much to learn. Maybe even too much.
That’s why we’re going to be great friends.
I’ll promise you one thing. I am going to be raw and authentic — I’ll share the nitty gritty stories about myself and my own struggle as a young adult. I want to tell you about my experiences and challenges because let’s be real — we’re all going through our own sh*t. Some posts you’ll care about, and some of them you won’t — that’s okay. But if you need a reminder that you aren’t going through this crazy adventure alone, this can be your place of comfort in knowing that I’m going through it too.
This blog is for those of us who are constantly torn between going to the gym vs. going to happy hour; making dinner vs. ordering takeout; staying up late binge watching vs. getting a full 8 hours of sleep for work tomorrow — starting to pick up what I’m putting down? Because SAME.
So the next time you reach for the phone to call your mom to ask her what feels like the most obvious question or feel like eating an entire tub of ice cream to avoid your big-kid responsibilities, stop by here instead. I’m passionate about finding the solutions to our everyday uh oh’s and oh crap’s because truthfully, there’s so much sh*t they didn’t tell us about how to be an “adult”.
Stick around, stay a while, and grab your post-its. You’re gonna want to get all this down.
Sound good? Let’s get to it.